Once upon a time....

No this blog isn't a fairy tale :) it is just a journey. A journey through my life (and my husband's life) in food. I love to cook. It doesn't matter what I just love it! Sure there are times where I'm far to tired and I don't want to! But I love to cook. Cooking is a way to be creative, so express yourself, and make something that you can share with others. Nothing makes me happier than spending time planning and preparing a meal to share with family and friends. So please feel free to come over! But until you can join me at my table join my on this blog. I'll give recipes and show you (when I remember my camera in the kitchen - for a photographer I am very bad about taking pictures for myself!) how to make them and answer any questions you might have. So come along with me on this journey in the kitchen!

For my first recipe I don't have any pictures (I promise I'll get better with the picture taking!). This recipe is my husband's creation and boy is it good!


Rich's Fried Chicken (or pork)

Ingredients
4 Boneless Chicken breasts/thighs/pork loins - TENDERIZED
1 egg
1/3 cup buttermilk or heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup of bread crumbs - you may need more depending on absorption of meat to breading
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
*other seasonings can be added for different flavors to the preference of the dish (for example red pepper flakes, cumin, rosemary, chili powder, curry, etc)
1/2 cup or more of frying oil - vegetable oil, sunflower oil, canola oil - DO NOT USE OLIVE OIL

Directions
~Mix egg and milk and beat together
~Mix together bread crumbs and desired seasonings
~Begin Heating oil, med to high heat for frying
~Place meat in egg/milk mixture for 2-3 minutes to get it slimy
~Take meat out and coat meat in bread crumb mixture to have a even breaded coating on meat
~When oil reaches frying temperature - check by taking a pinch of bread crumb mixture and putting it in oil to see if it sizzles
~Apply meat with breading to frying oil and cook meat entirely through - note the breading may darken faster than meat cooks, so use medium heat at first and flip meat consistently, cut meat in the center to check when done or use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature to make sure it is done.


The meat is great to eat on it's own with sides, or cut up to put in a salad, or to put on biscuits or buns for a sandwich!

Happy Eating!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.